Please Come: News Conference Friday, July 2
Join us Friday, July 2, at 10 AM in front of Dallas City Hall for a news conference on the worst economic crisis of modern times.
- Dr. Juanita Wallace, President of Dallas NAACP
- Gene Lantz, Organizer for North Texas Jobs with Justice
- Reverend Ed Middleton, First Community Church
- Mickey Morris, Texas President National Association of Letter Carriers
- Christopher Head, Secretary of United Steelworkers of America Local 9479 (Dallas City Employees)
- and Others particularly affected by the jobs crisis
What's new on the jobs crisis?
- New Bureau of Labor Statistics unemployment information will be released that morning
- The Senate has just shown its indifference to the 26 million unemployed and underemployed
- 250,000 American workers are losing all income and insurance benefits every week
- The G-20 world leaders just adjourned without addressing the worldwide unemployment crisis, but, instead, committed to reducing deficits!
Resolving this crisis is left up to US!
*NAACP, UAW and AFL-CIO, with other organizations, have called a March on Washington 10-2-10
Both Jobs with Justice and the labor movement are changing e-mail providers, so we may not be able to communicate to our large data base of supporters for some time. Stay tuned to www.labordallas.org or listen to my radio show at 7 AM each Monday on KNON 89.3 FM for the latest on the jobs crisis. Environmentalist Molly Rooke will be on with me July 5th to talk about labor/environmentalist cooperation on Green Jobs!
love & solidarity