Texans To Turn Out for Health Care Reform!
The Texas AFL-CIO and a growing coalition of progressive organizations have called for a statewide rally for Health Care Reform at the Capitol on Saturday, November 14, from 1-3 PM. The following just came in from Communications Director Ed Sills:
A major rally for meaningful health care reform has been set for 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 14, at the Texas Capitol.
The rally will feature several Texas speakers. The Texas AFL-CIO is a co-sponsor, along with a growing list of progressive organizations; more to come as that list grows. In the summer, anti-health reform forces received national publicity for rallies featuring at most a few hundred people. We plan to have a significantly larger rally as Congress makes the crucial decisions on what will be in the bill.
We can charter a 55-seat, Teamster-driven, bus for $1,191.80. Even with a box lunch, that's about $25/person. People who couldn't go would probably pitch in that much for a retiree or unemployed person!
North Texas Jobs with Justice is scrambling for information on public transportation and car caravans to Austin. Everybody should plan to go, but we need to raise money to help people with special needs and political credibility.
Unemployed Must Attend This Rally!
- This year alone, hundreds of thousands of Texas families lost health care as they became unemployed
- Health care reform would keep more jobs in America because industry now outsources to nations where they don't have to pay insurance.
- Millions of older workers would retire and give their jobs to young families if retirees could get decent health care
Seniors Must Attend!
- Older Americans, who once thought they would be provided for, have seen their employer-provided health care disappear
- Fixed-income seniors cannot afford the astronomic increases in health care and drugs
Start Thinking, Start Planning, Start Committing!
What can you do? Your Feedback
Join or donate to Jobs with Justice